Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Loach, Inarritu...BOLL?

So I'm traipsing about the internet, a jaunty tune in my brain, when I stumble upon an interesting site. It's called TIFFreviews, and it seems to be an interesting attempt to compile all of this year's film selections in an easy-to-follow format (Well, easier than mine, I suppose). Most intriguing to me is the section in the column on the right of the page, listing unconfirmed TIFF selections. I happily scan, eager to soak in the latest rumors, when...wait one second...In the Name of the King? A Dungeon Seige movie? That's a computer game, isn't it? Hmm...Something about this sounds very familiar....
...
...
...
Oh. My. God.
A Uwe Boll film? At a film festival whose name doesn't include the words 'trash', 'bad' or 'turkey'? I know they had Saw a couple years ago and the Midnight Madness category is pretty free-range, but...UWE BOLL!? The only way this is gonna work is if they include a post-screening boxing match with Dr. Boll vs. some lucky audience member.

Hmm...actually, that sounds pretty good. Please disregard the post above. If you'll excuse me, I've got some training to do...

No comments: