Saturday, September 01, 2007

Update: Waiting, Waiting, Waiting...

Sorry for the lapse. The release of the full schedule killed all of my attempts at blogging. There's nothing like spending every waking hour carefully combing a color-coded schedule for the mathematical equation that'll allow you to see all the movies you desire in the time allotted to put a damper on your social life. It's pretty hellish, to say the least, but this year was actually fairly painless. I was able to arrange nearly every one of my most desired, with maybe one or two omissions (biggest casualty: I'm Not There, which at least is getting a release by the end of the year).

Now starts the waiting process. Every year, this part seems to get worse. In 2005, I promptly received an e-mail Saturday afternoon, detailing every film I'd successfully secured. Last year, I had to go to the TIFF site to find out if we'd been successful, even though our tickets had been processed the previous day.

This year's no better. I've looked up the order on the website and it appears to have been confirmed last night at 10:01, but for the last 24 hours, I've been given no confirmation from TIFF. I wonder if it has anything to do with my order going through the online process. If any online purchasers are having a similar problem, let me know in the comments.

Anyway, that's about it for now. I'll be back later with some miscellaneous pre-TIFF posts and my schedule (or at least what I hope is my schedule). In the meantime, ignore that gnawing sound--it's just me devouring my fingernails...

No comments: