Thursday, September 07, 2006

Ready for the Fest

And so it begins...well, for everyone else. I'm still here in Tennessee today and won't get into Toronto until tomorrow afternoon. But I'm packed and all my travel's arranged, so, barring weird, unforeseen circumstances (e.g., leprechauns), the festival's a go. I'll do my best to keep the site reasonably updated during TIFF, but I have to admit this might be difficult. My schedule's fairly tight for the next nine days, so breathless blurbs and cries for help will probably be the norm.

I should mention that, barring further unforeseen circumstances (most likely the leprechauns again), I will be participating in a podcast to be recorded Sunday night outside the Ryerson. I don't know when it's scheduled to air, but when it does, it'll go up on this site. It's a movie-oriented podcast named Mamo! and it's based in Toronto. After sampling a few of their broadcasts, I have to say I like it--nicely informal with a deep love of film. Sunday's podcast will be a roundtable with at least a few other people, so it should be entertaining. Check it out, especially if you want to know what I sound like while nervously attempting to not make a fool of myself. (Hint: Sort of like the love-child of Dick Cheney and Pee Wee Herman, trapped inside a slurpee machine).

That's it for now. Tomorrow, I'll board the plane for Toronto, prepared for another amazing week or so of movie-going and discovery. As usual, leave any and all suggestions, recommendations and strange requests in the comments or my e-mail.

Unless you're a leprechaun. I don't want to hear anything you crazy lot have to say...

No comments: